Aspen acknowledge the hazards of the tree care sector and are fully insured to provide peace of mind to our customers. All Aspen Staff are highly trained, fully qualified, and take pride in their work. We operate a monitoring and improvement policy on all work procedures. With zero accidents to date we pride ourselves on excellent Health and Safety within the industry. Our policy includes:
All AFAG Safety Guidelines
- Aspen is fully insured; public and products liability £5 million; employers liability, £10 million.
- Aspen carry out full risk assessments for all projects undertaken.
- Aspen projects are carried out to British Standard 3998.
- Aspen staff are qualified NPTC (National Profficiency Test Council).
- Aspen staff are trained in first aid procedures.
- Aspen staff are Arbaid trained (specific first aid training for tree work and tree rescue)
- Aspen adhere to AFAG (Arboricultural & Forestry Safety Group) safety guidelines, Health & Safety at work act (1974), and Management of Health & Safety at work Regulations (1999).
- Aspen staff work to guidelines set out in ‘a Guide to Good Climbing Practice’ (Arboricultural Association).
- Climbing and lowering equipment regularly LOLER (Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment operations 1998) inspected to ensure safety compliance.
- Equipment and its use complies with PUWER (Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998).